Net Metering 3.0 is Coming!
Act now to get grandfathered into net metering benefits before they are gone.
Net metering (NEM) allows solar users to get credit from their utility for the extra energy they send back to the grid. The utility gives a credit to the solar user for that extra energy.
The amount of the credit depends on when a solar user got their system. Existing solar users are typically on either “NEM-1” or “NEM-2.”
Proposed NEM 3 Changes
1. Charge a monthly fee just to connect solar to PG&E
- Residential $78
- Commercial $3,400
2. Impose credit reductions for energy you contribute to the grid
- Currently = Retail rate less $0.03
- Proposed = 50% of retail rate
NEM 3 Implications
- All systems installed before 12/31/21 will be grandfathered into previous plan (NEM2) avoiding the fees and credit reductions
- Modifying a system after 12/31/21 will automatically force you into NEM3
- Batteries installed with solar before 12/31/21 will drive best economics
The CPUC is currently developing NEM-3 and expects to issue a decision in November 2021.
Call to Action
Install Solar and Battery Storage Now!
Solar and Storage contractors get extremely busy in the fall so we recommend you request a quote today so you can make an informed solar and storage purchase decision before it is too late.
Don’t delay. Complete the form below to get your free solar quote today and lock into NEM-2 before the deadline.