Commercial Energy Storage
Solar and Energy Storage – The Answer to your Expensive Utility Bill
Your Commercial Electricity Bill Has Two Parts
- Energy charges are based on the amount of kilowatt hours of energy consumed.
- Demand charges are based on the highest (peak) amount of power a customer uses during the month (the demand charge is the highest average kW measured in a utility-specified interval, typically 15-minutes, during the billing period).
Any sudden increase in power usage like air conditioners, manufacturing equipment, elevators, etc. can result in a spike in a customer’s power usage and increase in their overall energy bill, even if the spike is relatively short in duration.
Spikes in power usage can be difficult to predict, making it frustrating and difficult for most commercial customers to understand what drives their peak demand usage. Those spikes can cost you $100s-$1000s a month in peak demand charges and in some cases can represent more than 50 percent of a company’s monthly utility bill, significantly affecting their bottom line.
Guaranteed Savings with a Commercial Energy Storage System
Slash Peak Demand Charges with Energy Storage
With a Commercial Energy Storage System, as your building demand starts to spike, intelligent predictive controllers trigger a rapid power discharge from your energy storage system to offset the spike. The result is your demand is cut. This allows commercial building owners and operators to take control of their energy bills and their bottom line without spending countless hours managing their systems. The system takes care of all the complexities associated with managing your power usage.
Reduce Base Energy Charges with Solar
With a solar power system your facility generates electricity during daylight hours reducing your base energy charges and charging your energy storage system to support reduction of Peak Demand Charges. This allows commercial and industrial building owners and operators to take advantage leverage both solar and storage to reduce base energy charges.
Energy Storage + Solar = Triple Benefits
- Benefit from the 30% Investment Tax Credit for both solar and storage
- Plus California Self Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) rebates for storage
- Plus accelerated depreciation (MACRs)
Cinnamon Energy Systems has Partnered with Sharp Electronics to Deliver
As your building demand starts to spike, the intelligent, predictive controllers trigger a rapid power discharge to offset the spike.
The result is your demand is cut.
This allows commercial and industrial building owners and operators to take control of their energy bills and their bottom line without spending countless hours managing their systems. The SmartStorage® system takes care of all the complexities associated with managing its customers’ power usage.
- The SmartStorage system integrates advanced lithium-ion batteries from Samsung with Sharp’s predictive learning load controller
- The batteries charge at night and release at peak times during the day
- Smart metering gathers real-time data on your building power needs
- Online monitoring allows you to watch performance while sending 24/7 status updates for maintenance
10 Year Performance Guarantee
Sharp SmartStorage installations are available with a 10-Year Asset Management Agreement which includes a 10-Year Performance Guarantee. If guaranteed demand reductions are not met, Sharp will compensate for the deficit in promised peak demand reductions.
100% Free Maintenance
All routine and unscheduled maintenance is included for customers that take advantage of Sharp’s 10-Year Asset Management Service Agreement. All downtime is covered by the performance guarantee.
10 Year Warranty Service
The SmartStorage system is both predictive and proactive and, in most cases, Sharp’s Asset Management Service will resolve a system issue through Sharp’s Network Operations Center before its customer is even aware of any issue. Should a warranty issue arise, warranty support is provided via Sharp’s nationwide service centers.
Triple Your Business Incentives
By acting quickly, you can substantially reduce your utility costs and benefit from current incentives including:
1. 30% Investment Tax Credit for both solar and storage
2. California Self Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) rebates for storage
3. Accelerated depreciation (MACRs)
- 3-5 year return typical
- 30% Federal Tax Credit (ITC)
- $0 down, immediate savings and cash flow positive operations
- Offers available for both hybrid Solar + Storage and Storage only installations
Get a Free Site Assessment
* These fields are required.